Pages

Sure sign

Wednesday, March 24, 2010


To me, a sure sign of Spring is when the kids start bringing me flowers from the yard.
I put a few little jars on the windowsill as soon as I saw Daffodils reaching out for the sun. It's kind of like, "If you build it, they will come." I was ready with the vase and sure enough, they came with flowers.
Sometimes they pick them too short for vases and sometimes I only have the bloom to work with. When that happens, I have pretty cups at the ready and float the flowers in them. But this day, the stems were just the right length to stand happily on the windowsill.
And I happily stand back to look at them, being reminded once again of the simple nature of children.
I love it.

5 comments:

  1. That's so precious... those kids are so sweet to bring you flowers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just very sweet thoughts...every time one of my grandkids bring a flower to me, I go back in time to memories of their parents when they were little bringing me flowers...love they way you write !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love daffodils! They are so bright and cheery. And love when they bring flowers to you. It's sooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha,
    so nice to drop in and meet you,I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to visit my blog friends, always fun to make new ones!:) looking forward to my next visit
    Aloha
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, do I love daffodils. I only wish they lasted a little longer. If they did, I think I would buy them all the time! (I don't have any growing around my house, unfortunately.)

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say