Pages

Stylist to the stars

Friday, April 23, 2010

On Wednesday night, I helped Blair brush her teeth, kissed her good-night and tucked her into bed. The next morning, Charley emerged from the bedroom holding a chunk of long, blond hair. She said, "Mom, I found this next to Blair's bed. It's all over the place!"

I immediately went into the room and saw that Blair was under the covers. Kneeling beside the bed, I pulled back a Hello Kitty comforter to wake her. I noticed that long strands of hair were all over her pajamas. I thought that it must be itchy.
She must have cut it before Charley went to bed since she has a later bed-time. Blair was already under the covers and hiding her hair when Charley came into the room so she didn't notice what had happened.

"Who did this? I won't be mad." I said. She began to cry but told me it was her and she didn't know why she cut it.
"Because you are four." I replied. That seems to be the only explanation on why kids do the things they do - their age. Charley did the same thing, only she didn't have bangs and looked like Little Lord Fauntleroy. It was the cutest thing ever.

And even though we told Blair we'd rather not have her do this, she did a pretty good job.


The first look at her new do. Uh oh.
The second look at her new do and liking what she sees.

Blair after going to the salon which made her very excited.
Kitty from "That 70's show," anyone?

Oh, kids and laughter go hand in hand.
Daily doses of humor expected.
That's good, don't you think?

linking up to New Friend Friday

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, her hair looks adorable! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...How cute is that ??? I think all kids like to experiment with "stylin" their own hair LOL

    BTW,
    Good move when you said,"I won't be mad" You're a very good Mom !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit! Happy FF! :-)

    Her hair looks great! My daughter did the same thing a couple of years ago! I think it's required for all girls (especially) to do this at some point in their early years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for following Dusty Us-- your blog is terrific and I'm following you too-- hope we don't bump noses! Love all your photos.

    I remember my little brother shaving off his eyebrown the night before school pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's still soooo cute. She did a lot better job than I did when cut my hair at about age 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She did do a good job :)

    And I am seriously so impressed by how you responded and asked her what happened. I don't think I would have been so calm and cool about it. Good good for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from New Friend Friday!!! Blair is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she looks cute!!!
    My 3 year old love cutting everything..Her hair...Dogs...cat...Oh so far no disaster with her hair. My other 2 used to give each other hair cuts..LOL
    Happy new friend Friday!
    Your blog is adorable, following you and would love if you follow me back.
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious photos and expressions! I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday. I would be honored if you choose to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, how cute! Thanks for visiting my blog! Thrifty Portland Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. My little middle cut her hair when she was 4 or 5. Her bangs, just right in the middle and nearly to the scalp. And the sides. My reaction wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Yours was fantastic! And really, it will grow back, and she probably won't do that again. Her hair looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My granddaughters when they were three years old played hairdresser. Jenny cut Emma's bangs at "her shop"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh you are such a sweet mommy...
    I would have grounded her and FREAKED OUT...

    But, I agree...she did a pretty good job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me show this to my daughter. Maybe she'll yield and go to the salon after all. Oh wait, mine is a stubborn teenager. I'll give it a try anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is such a cutie!! New haircut and all.... whey must kids do this?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, she is too cute!

    Following from Friday follow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, they all do it. And actually I love her new "do"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I cute my sisters hair when we were about that age too.(sitting on the floor right behind my dads chair as he was watching football too!!) My sister had to get a pixie cute to salvage what I had done. My mom made me get one too as my 'punishment" To this day I can not get a pixie haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha ha! It does look like Kitty's hair. So sweet that you guys didn't make her feel bad about cutting her hair.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say