Pages

No placenta talk

Friday, June 4, 2010

`

We began dating when Jon was a young 82nd Airborne Paratrooper.

He is on the far left.
He still supports the local barber...maybe.


Jon didn't have to work yesterday so we enjoyed spending the day together.

We are always thinking of ways in which we could run a business together. We did once and it was fun but we still had the main jobs.

In a perfect world we would run a company that would allow us to work from home. Well, actually, in a perfect world we would be independently wealthy, travel the globe and fill our days with adventures and philanthropic efforts while writing books.

In any case I would never tire of him.

Me: "Man, I need to get a haircut."

Jon "Did I tell you about when I got my hair cut yesterday?"

Me: "No"

Jon: "Well, my barber, the female one, likes to talk. A lot."

Me: "Oh? Eva Scrivo says hair stylists shouldn't talk while they're working. They should be concentrating."

Jon: "Yeah, I guess when she had her last baby, her placenta was falling into her uterus or her uterus was falling into her placenta. Whatever. Something like that."

Me: "She told you that?? She doesn't know you at all."
(Jon = queasy stomach when talking about things like this.)

Jon: "Yeah. Not at all. I think I threw up a little in my mouth."

Me: "Maybe she's lonely and needs to chat."

Jon: "No, she's not lonely. She has a boyfriend. A new one. Did you ever see the guy in the booth next to her? Have you ever been in there with me?"

Me: "No."

Jon: "Well, he left and so did the big screen t.v."

Me: "Where did he go?"

Jon: "I don't know but the big screen is gone. They had three kids together."

Me: "The big screen? What??"

Jon: "No, the barbers. Now she has a new boyfriend and had pictures of them all over the place."


Me: "And tell me why you go to the barber still?"

Jon: "I don't know. Can we just get some clippers and you can do my hair?"

Me: "Sure!"

Jon: "You won't tell me about your placenta, will you?"

Me: "No. I don't know anything about a placenta."

Jon: "You wouldn't tell me if you did, would you?"

Me: "No."

Jon: " Then you're the barber for me, lady!"

Me: " I think you just gave me my next blog post."

Linking to Never growing old

5 comments:

  1. TMI TMI TMI! Hahahaha. Way too much! At least she didn't talk about mucus plugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. wow. TMI for sure! My sister is a hair stylist and she HEARS TMI often! LOL It must come with the stylist chair or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slightly off subject but my husband was in the 82nd Airborne, too!

    But yeah, buy clippers. I'd be grossed out hearing about a stranger's placenta and I have two kids so I talk about worse with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. You are so real and your stories are from the heart always. Please have a peek at my blog and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute. Thank you for sharing it. I had a good laugh today. Stopping by through the FF 40 and over.
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say